Searching for the best television for your beautiful home? Wondering what is Smart TV and Android TV?
There are so many options to choose from, and so many brands to pick from that it becomes difficult to get the right TV for your requirements.
With so much technology available, TVs are not just TVs anymore.
They are ‘smart’ devices that let you do much more than watching your favorite movie or cricket match – just like your laptop, PC, and smartphone.
A study found that 83% of people feel that selecting the right kind of television is challenging and they appreciate the guidance and assistance of an expert.
So, if you, too, are looking for professional advice and recommendation that you can rely upon, you are at the right place.
Our team, at GreatLiving.in, has worked really hard to find the best Smart or Android TV for you. So you can make a well-informed purchase. Just take your pick and buy online! 🛒😊
We’ll take you through all the relevant concepts that you need to know, step-by-step, for thorough understanding.
- What is Smart TV?
- What is Android TV?
- Difference Between Smart TV and Android TV
- What is the difference between a Smart TV and a Regular TV?
- Difference between Android TV and 4K TV
- Best Android TV
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Smart TV?
A smart TV is a television that can connect to the internet and stream movies and TV shows directly onto your screen.
All smart TVs come with apps that let you watch your favorite content from various OTT platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other streaming services.
Smart TVs run on a variety of operating systems (OS) like Android OS, Google OS, Fire OS, Tizen OS, webOS, and more.
However, Android TV remains one of the most popular choices.
Smart TVs can be controlled with a remote control or a smartphone app.
Many of them also have voice control features that allow you to speak into the remote control and ask your TV to perform certain tasks like searching for content or changing channels.
What is a Smart TV Used For?
In addition to watching your favorite content using various apps, you get a host of other features in a Smart TV like:
- Get recommendations about the trending OTT content or based on your preferences
- Browse the internet, and save data while you explore the web – with Data Saver mode
- Control the content that your kids should watch – Parental Control feature
- Use your TV as a Personal Computer (PC) to work from the cloud on presentations, Excel, and Word documents or remotely access your office computer
- Mirror your smartphone or laptop for a big-screen convenience
- Use voice commands to browse through your TV, discover and play content, and even ask questions – using Google Assistant, or Alexa, etc.
- Play Music
- View Photos and make albums
- Connect your smartphone to your Smart TV instantly and cast photos, and videos using Google Chromecast or other such application
- Connect your smart home devices to the TV
However, these features do vary from model to model.
To sum up, one of the most important features of a smart TV is its ability to connect to Wi-Fi networks so that you can stream content from OTT platforms like Netflix or Amazon Prime onto your television screen.
What is Android TV?
Android TV is a smart TV that runs on the Android TV operating system developed by Google for smart TVs.
It’s a free and open-source operating system for smart televisions.
In fact, the Android TV OS is an enhancement of the Android platform specially designed for use on televisions.
This means that you can use any app available on Google Play Store on your Android TV.
What are the Benefits of Android TV?
Android TV has got many benefits that enhance your TV using experience like:
- It provides you with access to Google Play services, including the Google Play Store, using which you can download applications, games, movies, and TV shows
- Many apps give you access to live TV channels and video-on-demand content
- Control your smart home using your Android TVs. For example, you can turn off lights or lock doors remotely through the console’s interface
- Browse the web and check emails using Google Chrome
- Play games on the big screen of your Android TV
- With Google Assistant built into Android TV, you can easily get the information you need while watching television or playing games
- Use voice commands to search for content and control your television with your voice, in addition to the remote control
- Customize your TV’s home screen with widgets or shortcuts and organize your favorite applications and channels.
Difference Between Smart TV and Android TV
A Smart TV is a television set that offers interactive features such as streaming apps and built-in web browsers.
They run on one of the different operating systems (OS) like Android OS, Google OS, Fire OS, webOS, Tizen OS, etc.
On the other hand, Android TV is actually a Smart TV that runs on the Android OS of Google.
In other words, ‘Smart TV’ is a wider concept that also includes the term ‘Android TV’.
In fact, ‘Android TV’ is a subset of ‘Smart TV’.
What is the difference between a Smart TV and a Regular TV?
In short, a smart TV is a regular TV with internet capabilities.
It can be connected to the internet and have apps installed on it.
A standard TV does not have these capabilities.
Smart TVs are usually connected to the Internet through your wireless router or a wired Ethernet connection.
You can then use various applications on your TV to browse websites and watch videos online.
Smart TVs are also able to connect to external devices such as gaming consoles, Blu-ray players, or streaming media players (Roku, Chromecast, etc.) so that you can play games on them or stream content from apps like Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar and SonyLiv .
These TVs are generally easier to use than regular TVs because they have an operating system similar to a computer or mobile device.
You can access apps directly from the home screen, which makes it easy to find the content you want to watch.
Smart TVs also allow you to search for shows, movies, and content by voice command (like using Google Assistant) so you don’t have to use the remote control to navigate through menus and lists of programs.
👉 To sum up, the major difference between a smart TV and a standard TV is that smart TVs offer a more interactive experience with more content options, games, and other features than regular TVs do.
Difference between Android TV and 4K TV
The difference between an Android TV and a 4K TV is that the former is a smart TV platform developed by Google, while the latter refers to a display resolution with four times as many pixels as the high-definition television (HDTV) display.
In other words, an Android TV is a type of smart TV that runs on Google’s Android operating system.
Using it you can access various apps, such as Netflix and YouTube, on your TV’s home screen through voice commands or remote control.
Meanwhile, 4K TVs have up to four times more pixels than HDTVs and offer a much sharper picture quality.
4K displays have a resolution of 3840×2160 pixels (16:9 aspect ratio).
Best Android TV
Here’s the list of the best Android Smart TVs.
Click the button “Read Detailed Review” below and find the one that suits your needs.
Top 10 Smart & Android TVs
|Top 10 TV||Screen Size||Resolution||Operating System||Model||Overall Score|
|MI Smart LED TV||32||HD Ready||Android||4A PRO||4.9/5|
|LG Smart LED TV||32||HD Ready||WebOS||32LM563BPTC||4.8/5|
|MI Smart LED TV||43||4K Ultra HD||Android||4X||4.9/5|
|Samsung Smart LED TV||32||HD Ready||Tizen OS||T4340||4.8/5|
|MI Smart LED TV||43||Full HD||Android||4A||4.9/5|
|MI Smart LED TV||40||Full HD||Android||4A||4.9/5|
|OnePlus Smart LED TV||32||HD Ready||Android||Y1||4.9/5|
|MI Smart LED TV||50||4K Ultra HD||Android||4X||4.9/5|
|Redmi Smart LED TV||50||4K Ultra HD||Android||X50||4.9/5|
|TCL Smart LED TV||40||Full HD||Certified Android||S6500||4.7/5|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A Smart Television is one that has got a built-in operating system and can connect to the internet.
2. What is the best 55 inch Smart TV to buy?
The best 55-inch Smart TV to buy is Redmi 4K Ultra HD Android Smart LED TV – X55.
You can read the review of this TV here.
3. What is Smart LED TV?
Smart LED TV is one that has a built-in operating system and has the ability to connect to the internet. At the same time, its backlight technology is LED (light emitting diode).
4. What is a 4k Smart TV?
A 4K TV is a TV that has a resolution of 3840 x 2160, which is four times the resolution of 1080p. The extra vertical pixels allow you to see more detail and detail in textures.
This high-resolution means that you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite films and programs in stunning clarity.
You can view the bestselling 4k Smart TVs here. (link opens on Amazon)
5. What is the best 40 inch Smart TV to buy?
Mi Smart TV and TCL Smart TV are the best 40-inch Smart TVs to buy.
You can read more about the best Smart TVs here.
6. What is the best 50 inch Smart TV to buy?
Mi Smart TV and Redmi Smart TV are the best 50-inch Smart TVs to buy.
You can read more about the best Smart TVs here.
7. What is the best 43 inch Smart TV to buy?
Mi Smart TV is the best 43-inch Smart TV to buy.
You can read more about the best Smart TVs here.
8. What is considered a Smart TV?
A TV is considered to be a Smart TV if it’s a built-in operating system (OS) and is capable of connecting to the internet.
9. What is UHD LED TV?
UHD LED TV stands for Ultra High Definition LED Television and is used to denote the Ultra High Definition (UHD) 4k Resolution of TV.
This technology creates a more realistic picture with more information on each individual pixel. UHD LED TV provides a better experience than traditional HDTVs.
10. What is 4k LED TV?
A 4K LED TV is a television that has ultra-high definition resolution, which means the display has four times the number of pixels compared to normal HDTVs.
The 4K resolution has a horizontal resolution of 3840×2160 and a vertical pixel count of 8 million. 4K TVs have an aspect ratio of 16:9.
11. What is a non smart TV called?
A non smart TV is called a standard TV.
12. What is a good smart TV to buy?
You can have a look at the bestselling models of Smart TVs here.
- Difference Between Direct Cool And Frost Free
- What is Star Rating in Refrigerator? Know Everything!
- What is the difference between Single Door and Double Door Refrigerator?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Double Door Refrigerator
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Single Door Refrigerator
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO READ
- Best Semi Automatic Washing Machine in India
- Best Front Load Washing Machine in India 2022
- Best Impeller Top Load Washer in India 2022
- How Much Water does Front Load Washing Machine Use?
- How to use Front Load Washing Machine? India 2022
- Front Load Washing Machine Buying Guide – India – 2022
- Which Washing Machine is better – Semi or Fully Automatic (2022)?
- How to Select Washing Machine Capacity in 2022?
- Pros and Cons of Top Load and Front Load Washing Machines India 2022
- Difference between Top Load and Front Load – India (2022)?