Definition of Mixer Grinder
Wondering what is mixer grinder? Wikipedia defines a Mixer Grinder as “a portable mill that combines the mixing and grinding operations.”
A mixer grinder is undoubtedly the most significant machine in a modern kitchen. This wonder machine has completely revolutionized the way of cooking.
When it comes to the repetitive and monotonous work of mixing, grinding, and blending the food ingredients that go in your delicious recipes, a mixer grinder comes to your rescue.
Gone are the days when such activities were done manually. Now they’re done with the help of a mixer grinder in a jiffy.
Although there are mixer grinders that can be operated manually, the modern mixer grinders are usually propelled by electric motors.
Following is the basic structure of a mixer grinder.
Parts of Mixer Grinder
Mixer Grinder Body Unit
The lower body (as in the picture) of the mixer grinder is the main unit that houses the electric motor and other relevant components. It’s with the help of this motor the mixer grinder performs the work of grinding, mixing, blending, and more.
The foodstuff is put in the jar and processed. Usually, the modern mixer grinders come with more than one jar – for different types of uses like:
- Dry jar for grinding dry stuff like spices
- Wet jar for grinding wet ingredients like pulses, rice etc. for making batter for dosas, idlies, vada etc.
- Chutney jar for preparing a variety of chutneys
- Multipurpose jar that can be used for varied processing
- Juicer jar for extracting juices of fruits & vegetables
- Food Processor jar for advanced functions like chopping, grating & slicing, and more
Learn more about mixer grinder jar uses. Read our article on the uses of mixer grinder jars here.
Different types of blades are attached to the jars for different use. You can find more about mixer grinder blade types and uses. Read our article on mixer grinder blade uses here.
Juicer Mixer Grinder
Like most gadgets and appliances, the mixer grinders have evolved to do multi-tasking. The humble mixer grinder also works as a juicer to give you fresh fruit juice – whenever you want! It usually performs this work with a separate juicer jar or an attachment.
Food Processor is the modern avatar of the good old mixer grinder. With the help of some attachments or a specially designed jar, it can perform more kitchen tasks like slicing, grating, chopping, atta kneading, and more such tasks.
Learn More About Mixer Grinders
Find The Best Mixer Grinders For Your Home
- Blender vs Mixer Grinder
- Crompton Mixer Grinder 750w Review
- How To Use Preethi Zodiac Mixer Grinder?
- Mixer Grinder Wattage for Home Use & Buying Guide- India 2023
- Best Noiseless Mixer Grinders in India – 2023
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO READ
- How To Load a Front Load Washing Machine?
- Best Semi Automatic Washing Machine in India
- Best Front Load Washing Machine in India 2023
- Best Impeller Top Load Washer in India 2023
- How Much Water does Front Load Washing Machine Use?
- How to use Front Load Washing Machine? India 2023
- Front Load Washing Machine Buying Guide – India – 2023
- Which Washing Machine is better – Semi or Fully Automatic (2023)?
- How to Select Washing Machine Capacity in 2023?
- Pros and Cons of Top Load and Front Load Washing Machines India 2023
- Difference between Top Load and Front Load – India (2023)?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Single Door Refrigerator
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Double Door Refrigerator
- What is the difference between Single Door and Double Door Refrigerator?
- What is Star Rating in Refrigerator? Know Everything!
- Difference Between Direct Cool And Frost Free
- Difference Between 4 Star and 5 Star Refrigerator
- Midea Side By Side Refrigerator Review
- Best Side By Side Refrigerator Under 60000
- Best Convertible Side By Side Refrigerator
- Where is the Freezer in Side by Side Refrigerator?